Friday, May 24, 2013

End of the First Week

I had my first testosterone shot Monday afternoon, and went through a normal week. My regular work schedule is 6:15am - 2:15pm, which gets me home about 3:15. My 14 year-old son gets home from school around 3:30. We have a home gym, a power cage we built ourselves along with an olympic bar and bumper plates and other weights up to 315 pounds. We lift together 3x per week, a reverse pyramid workout on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

I try to hit the hay around 9ish and read a bit, with lights out before 10. That typically gives me 6-7 hours of sleep a night, depending on how quickly I fall asleep, how many times I wake up to take a leak, and how (or if) I'm able to fall back asleep again.

Boring stuff, I know, but I'm telling you all this so you'll have an idea of my schedule. Maybe you'll see some aspects of your own in it....

As I mentioned at the end of my first shot post, I didn't feel any different in the days following the injection. No increased energy or coalescing of mental focus, still sleeping fitfully, no sudden reversal of the lethargy I'd been in the grip of for some time.

However...

That first weekend following the shot, I was was hungry. And I don't mean a bit peckish, I mean hungry. Like can't get full hungry. So I ate. A lot. Generally, I kept it healthy (I tend to eat fairly healthy most of the time anyway). But I powered through a more than normal amount of food, no doubt.

I don't generally pay much attention to my weight. I mentioned in an earlier post that I've been within a pound or two of 185 for a long time. But my hunger and the resulting feeding frenzy over the weekend made me curious enough to step on the scale, where I was greeted by a surprise: 189.

So it looked as though I'd gained a few pounds. Maybe I'd been eating more all week? I hadn't been bothered by hunger until that weekend, but it's a possibility.

So end of first week, not feeling any different, but up around 4 pounds. Make of that what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment